Private corporations have increasingly stepped forward as leaders in the realm of social and environmental sustainability. By re-thinking their operations and products, companies are actively driving change and making a positive impact. Students across Yale are eager to join this movement, as they seek to launch careers in the private sector that focus on doing good for communities, ecosystems, and the planet.
The Pathways in Business and the Environment series brings sustainability-oriented professionals to campus to discuss the work they do and the journeys they have taken in their careers. By sharing their stories, speakers provide a set of possible roadmaps for students to follow (or avoid). From the outside, roles at the intersection of business and the environment can be difficult to navigate. This Pathways series aims to give students an idea of the array of opportunities that exist, from the big-picture strategy to the day-to-day details. Events in the series are engaging interactive, with a focus on practical career guidance.
Pathways is supported by CBEY as well as the Career Development Offices at both the School of Management and the School of Forestry & Environmental Studies.
Corporate sustainability can mean various different programs, jobs and skills to different people in the field of business and the environment.
This downloadable guide is meant to:
- provide a guide for students to think about the many faces of corporate sustainability across sectors, companies and organizations
- provide resources, courses, events and alumni examples to help students understand their career options
Global renewable energy employment has seen staggering growth in recent years. The renewable energy industry now employs more than 10 million people around the world, nearly double the number employed just five years prior.
This downloadable guide aims to:
- provide a “pathway” for current F&ES and SOM students interested in a career in the clean energy sector
- share a summary of where Yale energy alumni are today
- help current students best position themselves during their limited time at Yale
As part of the resources offered to help students navigate their possible career pathways, we host webinars to share insights on industry trends.
Recording date Feb 11, 2020
Recording date March 24, 2020
Date to be confirmed