Private corporations are increasingly stepping forward as leaders in the realm of social and environmental sustainability. By re-thinking their operations and products, companies are actively driving change and making a positive impact.
Students across Yale are eager to join this movement. Our Pathways program seeks to support students in their pursuit of careers in the private sector that focus on doing good for communities, ecosystems, and the planet.
Pathways is supported by CBEY as well as the Career Development Offices at both the School of Management and the School of the Environment.
This speaker series invites sustainability-oriented professionals to discuss the work they do and the journeys they have taken in their careers. By sharing their stories, speakers provide a set of possible roadmaps for students to follow (or avoid). From the outside, roles at the intersection of business and the environment can be difficult to navigate. Events in the series are interactive, with a focus on practical career guidance.
In an effort to create opportunities for students to engage in more intimate dialogue with alumni and people in the field, in the Spring semester, we organize a series of small group chats as part of the Pathways in Business and the Environment program.
These are meant to provide an informal, small-group environment for students to learn and get advice from business leaders and practitioners about crafting a sustainability/environment-focused career in the private sector. These conversations will center around pathways taken to current careers, what the current day-to-day entails, perspectives on broader trends in the field, and practical advice as students think about entering a particular field.
No presentations! Just informal conversations with people actively engaged in their fields.
Corporate sustainability can mean various different programs, jobs and skills to different people in the field of business and the environment.
This downloadable guide is meant to:
- provide a guide for students to think about the many faces of corporate sustainability across sectors, companies and organizations
- provide resources, courses, events and alumni examples to help students understand their career options
Global renewable energy employment has seen staggering growth in recent years. The renewable energy industry now employs more than 10 million people around the world, nearly double the number employed just five years prior.
This downloadable guide aims to:
- provide a “pathway” for current students interested in a career in the clean energy sector and share a summary of where Yale energy alumni are today
- help current students best position themselves during their limited time at Yale
Career Pathways in Business and the Environment is supported by CBEY as well as:
- Career Development Office at the Yale School of Management
- Office of Career and Professional Development at the Yale School of the Environment
- Business and Environment Learning Community at YSE
- Business and Environment Club at SOM