The Clean and Equitable Energy Development Certificate Program (CEED) is a 100% virtual online certificate program that provides you with the knowledge, frameworks, and skills needed to address challenges and advance opportunities toward an equitable clean energy transition.
Systemic thinking and the ability to critically evaluate and promote effective policy, research, and the implementation of equitable energy development projects are foundational to the CEED program. These critical thinking skills are then coupled with highly sought practical knowledge. Within this program, you will design or redesign clean energy projects so that they can immediately impact the transition to a clean, affordable, and equitable energy future.
Taught by a combination of Yale faculty and frontline practitioners, with the CEED program you will learn:
- the foundational theory and practice of environmental justice,
- diverse approaches to energy justice, and
- the nuts and bolts of energy project development.
After completing this program, you will be able to design and evaluate clean energy projects, promote policies that accelerate the just energy transition, and advocate on behalf of vulnerable communities that could be or are already affected by energy crisis and inequality.
Scholarships and financial aid are available.
- Are you a working professional looking for opportunities to change energy systems and lead the just energy transition?
- Are you an advocate and community leader motivated by creating job opportunities, protecting your local communities, and promoting equitable energy systems?
- Have you completed the Financing and Deploying Clean Energy (FDCE) program and want to know more about opportunities to collaborate, invest, and promote policies, initiatives, and projects related to the clean energy sector and achieve the just energy transition?
- Are you a policymaker that wants to lead the just energy transition and take advantage of opportunities for change at the local, state, and federal levels?
- Are you looking to understand the role of energy justice and clean energy development within your organization in order to do something for the planet and your community in a time frame that matters?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, CEED is for you.
To express your interest in joining the first cohorts of the CEED program, please fill out the contact form on our home page. We will reach out to everyone who is signed up with all major updates, including when applications open.
- This section will be updated soon with tentative dates.