This event will bring together industry, government, and civil society to discuss the U.S. offshore wind industry, including challenges, and trends. The event will include an hour of discussion with the panel, moderated by Akshyah Krishnakumar, and an opportunity to ask live questions to our panelists. Please come prepared to ask questions!
- Jessica Bravo, Chief of Staff - Office of Environmental Programs at Bureau of Ocean Energy Management
- Amber Hewett, Senior Campaign Manager at the National Wildlife Federation
- Eric Thumma, Director, New Business Offshore Wind at Avangrid Renewables
- Kathleen Frangione, Head of Government Affairs and Market Strategy at Orsted
- Moderated by Akshyah Krishnakumar (MEM '22)
Attendees will receive the link to our brand-new Yale case study on the development story of the Block Island Wind Farm, placing it in its historical context, including the technological and policy landscape of the time. It was written by the authors, Akshyah Krishnakumar and Vero Bourg-Meyer, based on interviews held throughout 2020 and 2021.
This project and related event were made possible with the support of the Financing and Deploying Clean Energy program at the Yale Center for Business and the Environment.