OPEN TO RETURNING YALE GRADUATE/PROFESSIONAL SCHOOL AND RETURNING UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
About EED Advisory:
EED Advisory is a multidisciplinary Pan-African Consulting firm offering technical, analytical and advisory services in energy, water and climate change. We work with our clients to effectively address challenges and build opportunities across these business lines. Our core service offerings include research and data analytics, project & program design, training & capacity building and fund management. Since its inception in 2013, EED Advisory has successfully completed assignments in thirty-one Sub-Saharan African Countries and three South-East Asian Countries. Our head office is in Nairobi with offices in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Senegal.
EED is seeking a summer intern to support the implementation of three ongoing projects that may include (i) Enhancing Transparency in Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) in Kenya by working with the Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA) to develop and train staff on model PPA contracts and a public PPA register, (ii) Assessing the Opportunities and Challenges of Electric Mobility in Kenya by comparing the technical performance of internal combustion engine two-wheelers to e-bikes across Nairobi, and carrying out an economic and grid impact analysis and (iii) Designing an intervention strategy and action plan for clean cooking in Sierra Leone.
The intern will report to the Team Lead of the Energy Business Line, Martin Kitetu, but will work with other EED staff and interact with our clients and partners on the projects.
Ideal candidates would have experience or demonstrated interest in energy and/or environmental justice, an academic background in engineering, economics, finance, public policy, political science, energy systems modeling, data analytics or related fields, and experience preparing written reports.
This will be a remote position with the potential for a visit to the host organization (travel and accommodation costs covered). However, candidates with a keen interest in working on location are also encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
- your resume
- a cover letter (no more than 2 pages) to include:
- your interest in this project
- any relevant background/experience
- why you believe this work is important
- share any important identity or identities you hold. Note that this is completely optional. Examples of identities that may be important to you might include (but are not limited to): gender, race, ethnicity, political affiliation, generation, education level, cultural identity, occupation, sexuality, family structure, housing status, mental health (health status/ability), incarceration status, institution affiliation, primary language, religion, immigration status, medical history, first-generation, income/ socio-economic class, quality of education, occupation, and/or parent's education.
Please email the above directly to email@example.com with “CBEY Planetary Solutions Internship Program in Clean Energy/EED Advisory Limited” in the subject line. Please also copy firstname.lastname@example.org on this email.
Application deadline is 11:59 PM ET on February 19th, 2024