Leave your mark!
We invite students across Yale to share new ideas for shaping our future research, programs and events at our:
6th Annual Future Directions in Business and the Environment Pitch Competition
This pitch competition gives students the chance to share their ideas for shaping our future research, programs, and events. Previous winning pitches that have been implemented include:
- Bright Lights, Green Sights speaker series featuring unconventional entrepreneurials
- Student writing arm of the Conservation Finance Network
- Corporate Water Risk and Strategy Workshop Series
- GreenLight ideation workshops
- F&ES 894a Green Building
Check out this video from past winners:
How It Works and Timeline
Develop Your Idea!
- Teams of 1-3 students should develop a concise, 5-minute pitch (PowerPoint-free)
- Teams should write-up a pitch description with pitch title, a one-paragraph summary of the idea, and team member names
Pitch Description Due – Monday, April 3rd, 9pm
- Send your pitch description to Heather Fitzgerald (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Pitch Competition & Social – Tuesday, April 4th, 6:00-9:00pm, CBEY space (Kroon Hall, G-31 suite)
Plan to attend the entire Competition and Social
Give your 5-minute pitch (PowerPoint-free)
Listen to your classmates’ pitches
Vote on your favorites
Dinner, beer and wine included!
Not pitching? Come and support the center and your fellow students by voting for your favorite ideas!
Winning teams selected – Wednesday, April 5
Refine Your Pitch – April 10th - 19th
- Winning teams work with professional communication coaches to refine pitch
- Teams should plan to be available for coaching for at least two two-hour sessions (Times TBD)
Present to CBEY Advisory Board – Thursday, April 20 (exact time TBD)
Winning teams present to the CBEY Advisory Board at its spring meeting
Please contact Heather Fitzgerald (email@example.com) with any questions.RegisterDownload Event