Edited by Bryan Garcia and Eric Roberts of the Center for Business and the Environment at Yale, this book presents the opinions and trend-setting experiences of leading practitioners in global carbon markets and finance on the business of climate change.
This publication contains both practical information and thoughtful analyses relevant to the asset management, hedge funds, insurance, investment banking, philanthropy, private equity, and venture capital arenas, among others.
It is a resource for academic institutions, business professionals, entrepreneurs, institutional investors such as endowment and pension fund managers, market makers, non-profit organizations, foundations, policy-makers, and anyone else seeking to understand how finance can accelerate solutions to climate change.
To purchase online - click here.
For a free download of the publication, see the following links:
- Front Matter (Table of Contents, Preface, Foreword, Introduction, and Carbon Finance: A Definition)
- Chapter 1 - The History of Financial Innovation (Goetzmann and Rouwenhorst)
- Chapter 2 - Investing in Climate Change (Neuger)
- Chapter 3 - A Pot of Gold for Renewable Energy: Funding Renewable Energy with Carbon Finance (Sweatman)
- Chapter 4 - Investment Banks Jump Onboard: Mining the Opportunities in the Global Carbon Markets (Karmali)
- Chapter 5 - Climate Change Investment Strategies: How a Universal Bank is Leading Investments in a Low Carbon Economy (Fulton)
- Chapter 6 - Environmental Market Solutions for Global Warming (Anda)
- Chapter 7 - Funding Solutions to Climate Change: A Philanthropy Panel (Philanthropy Panel)
- Chapter 8 - Investing in Climate Change: A Panel on Hedge Funds (A Panel on Hedge Funds)
- Chapter 9 - Investing in Clean Energy and Climate Change: A Private Equity Panel (Private Equity Panel)
- Chapter 10 - Investing in Cleantech: A Conversation between a Venture Capitalist & an Entrepreneur (Venture Capital Panel)
- Chapter 11 - Insuring the Future in a Changing World: The Impact of Climate Change on Insurance and Financial Products and Services (Mucerino)
- Chapter 12 - Winners and Losers in a Low Carbon Economy: A Look at Innovest's Carbon Beta (Lopez-Alcala and Minami)
- Chapter 13 - For the Love of Timber: A Different Look at a Natural Resource (Aulisi)
- Chapter 14 - From Understanding to Action: Advancing Solutions to Climate Change on Campus, in Our Community, and Beyond (Conclusion)
- Editor Bios
- About the Cover Image