Started in 2012, Nature’s Returns: Investing in Ecosystem Services has presented nearly 50 webinars to date. The series explores the questions: What do Ecosystem Services projects look like? Who are the practitioners involved and what skills are most important in terms of getting into the profession? What obstacles and opportunities does this field face?
The webinar series will run from October 2018 through May 2019 with monthly online webinars that are free and open to the public. The series is entirely student-run, with a small team responsible for developing the overall content of the series in addition to conducting outreach for speakers, hosting and managing the webinars.
- Attending weekly meetings with other CBEY RA’s working on webinars
- Coordinating with Conservation Finance Network (CFN) editor on topics and themes planned for the series
- Reaching out to potential presenters
- Reading through any necessary background materials associated with the webinar theme and pick out some key questions/findings to guide the conversation
- Taking the lead, and organizing other students to do marketing (through the CBEY website, newsletter and through the Conservation Finance Network)
- Moderate the actual webinar (introduce the presenter, take questions from the audience, etc.)
- (When applicable) Write follow up articles for the Conservation Finance Network
Please direct any questions about this opportunity to Heather.Fitzgerald@yale.edu.
To apply for this position, email your resume and 1-2 paragraph statement of interest to Heather.Fitzgerald@yale.edu.