A bit about Planetary Innovators
This CBEY and Tsai CITY speaker series aims to highlight innovators who are developing and implementing planetary solutions to some of the world’s most complex environmental problems. The series will highlight people who are innovators in the broadest possible sense of the word: from entrepreneurs to researchers to activists to investors. Speakers could be anyone working on an innovative solution to some aspect of the climate and environmental crisis, with an active effort being taken to invite speakers representing a wide range of diverse backgrounds. A special focus of this series is to elevate missing voices in the current innovation ecosystem and center them in the conversation, for example those taking action internationally and at the grassroots level. The series is envisioned to have a hybrid (in-person and remote) format. This could mean bringing in speakers remotely and hosting in-person viewing sessions, with other creative and flexible formats as options.
A bit about the role
You would be responsible for planning and executing the series from start to finish, with guidance from CBEY and Tsai CITY staff. Specifically, that means you would:
- Research innovators doing awesome work in the environment space and help to create a list of potential speakers
- Invite speakers and communicate with them leading up to the event
- Promote events through channels inside and outside of Yale
- Manage engaging virtual events via Zoom and/or facilitate in-person events
- Curate and create short articles that summarize learnings from the speaker session
Let’s talk about you
- Passion for addressing climate change
- Multifaceted understanding of the climate crisis and environmental problems
- Strong project management skills
- Event planning and facilitation, both in a virtual context and in-person
- Communication skills
Don’t worry, you won’t be on your own! You will work in a team of 2-3 students and under the guidance of CBEY and Tsai CITY staff.
How we roll
The position will be primarily in person, with some flexibility for meetings to happen remotely.
Aishwarya Kuruttukulam (firstname.lastname@example.org), CBEY and Tsai CITY’s Environmental Innovation Fellow will be supervising this team and can answer any questions you may have.
--Note this role is cross-posted with Tsai CITY--