Coordinator, Career Pathways in Business and the Environment
CBEY’s Career Pathways in Business and the Environment program seeks to support students in their pursuit of careers in the private sector that focus on doing good for communities, ecosystems, and the planet.
We do this by offering ways to listen, learn and engage with people doing the work and building their fields. Through webinars, small group discussions, mentorship opportunities and visual guides, our Pathways program offers many ways for students to see the various types of careers that exist at the intersection of business and the environment.
The Role - We need you!
The Coordinator will engage with…
- Business and the Environment Learning Community at Yale School of the Environment (YSE)
- Business and Environment Club at the Yale School of Management (SOM)
- Offices of Career and Professional Development at YSE and SOM
- Student leaders of various Clubs and Student Interest Groups
…to seek ideas, help plan + promote as well as host conversations and events that support students in their career pathways. This will include:
- Brainstorming on people to speak/participate in this program
- Managing the process of inviting speakers to participate in one of our events/activities
- Hosting, or finding the correct person (typically a Student Club/Interest Group leader) to act as host for individual events.
Working with CBEY staff to coordinate logistics for in-person events, such as room reservations, food, etc.
Note that some events will be in person, and others will be on Zoom.
This is for you if…
- You want to 1) learn more about the types of careers that exist at the business and environment intersection and 2) connect with professionals in the field;
You want to bring together communities from the Yale School of Management and the Yale School of the Environment (and beyond!);
- You have good organizational management skills;
- You are comfortable acting as an event host/moderator;
- You like people…and it shows!