CBEY is a key partner of the Conservation Finance Network (CFN), and is actively enhancing and expanding the online presence of CFN through building a robust website and insightful original content. Redesigned and invigorated in January 2016, the CFN website is the place to go for cutting-edge content on new for-profit models of investment in conservation, along with blended models that combine more traditional public or charitable sources with for-profit investment.
The main objectives of the publication are the following:
- Inform finance professionals in the public and private sectors on the most important developments and news in conservation finance
- Provide journalists with an in-depth source of the most relevant issues to cover in the popular press and trade publications
- Accelerate the adoption of new or existing financial products developed to spur investment in the conservation economy
- Train graduate students to become experts in conservation finance and offer them a professional opportunity to learn how to communicate the nuances of environmental finance to a large and diverse audience
The student writing team will research material for the newsletter, work with the writer/editor to develop original content for the publication, attend conferences to make industry contacts and report on new developments, create profiles of featured thought leaders in the field and identify new trends and activities in conservation finance.
Benefits of participating in the CFN writing team include:
- Improving your online visibility and Google searchability
- Establishing professional expertise
- Learning about conservation finance
- Exploring potential research topics
- Networking and meeting potential employers
Please direct any questions about this opportunity to Heather.Fitzgerald@yale.edu.
To apply for this position, email your resume and 1-2 paragraph statement of interest to Heather.Fitzgerald@yale.edu.