Position information and responsibilities
Since it was created over a decade ago to be the home of the School of the Environment/School of Management joint degree community, CBEY has also been a center of innovation for clean energy programming and a place for students, faculty, staff, and the public to connect at Yale University.
A plethora of clean energy programming happens across Yale, so CBEY is gathering input from across the University to organize the inaugural Yale Clean Energy Conference for the spring of 2022. This Yale Clean Energy Conference will be an all-encompassing event bringing all of Yale and the Financing and Deploying Clean Energy community together around the theme of clean energy. The Yale Clean Energy Conference will welcome hundreds of attendees and both Yale-affiliated and non-Yale affiliated experts as speakers, to campus for two full days of programming.
The Clean Energy Conference Assistant, working closely under the guidance of and providing support to CBEY’s Clean Energy Coordinator, will be responsible for managing communication channels with confirmed speakers, vendors, and attendees. The Conference Assistant will also create and disseminate marketing materials and build a website for event information and registration.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Craft informational write-ups and marketing materials (such as fliers and social media posts) to share online.
- Build a custom website for the Yale Clean Energy Conference using free website creation tools.
- Manage communications with confirmed speakers, external vendors, and attendees.
- Find and book local entertainment for attendees to have an enjoyable Yale experience.
- Coordinate signage to ensure guests know where they are and are headed.
- Organize the acquisition of name tags for attendees and speakers.
- Compile elements of New Haven and Yale to make a welcome packet.
- Attend the Yale Clean Energy Conference to provide assistance as needed (when not in class).
This position is for you if you...
- Are passionate about the environment and bringing people together.
- Are enthusiastic about event planning and coordination.
- Are an excellent writer and professional communicator.
- Are familiar with Microsoft and website creation tools.
- Are confident and respectful in stakeholder interactions (both within and external to Yale).
- Can work independently, and handle project management efficiently.
- Like other humans and it shows!
Who can apply?
Yale matriculated graduate students only.
Start and end dates
For the 2021/2022 YSE academic year, starting in the fall.
Hours per week
Up to 10
Remote or in person. Must be able to attend weekly meetings in the New Haven time zone (EST).
Computer with a microphone and webcam, internet service, Zoom capabilities, Microsoft Teams.