OPEN TO RETURNING YALE GRADUATE/PROFESSIONAL SCHOOL AND RETURNING UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
About Rewiring America:
Rewiring America is the leading electrification nonprofit, focused on electrifying everything in our communities. Our purpose is to make electrification simple, measurable, and inevitable. We are committed to using the best data and analysis to tell the stories of transformation and success that people will relate to, gravitate to, and want to join.
We are outcomes-oriented, focused on decarbonizing our world fast enough to limit global warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius, and to ensure that no household or community is left behind. Working backward from this goal, we know this is the decade that matters, and that our collective success over the next ten years winds through and depends on all of us.
We are signed up for the task of transforming the market and winning the decade. Every single retirement of any machine that runs on fossil fuels is an opportunity for electrification. No one knows how to do it exactly, and everyone will be joining this journey from a different place. We hope to be welcoming arms and a guiding light for the millions -- and hopefully billions -- of people who will take this journey with us.
Our values animate our work. They represent us in the world and with one another. They are our North Star for guiding our path over the next decade.
Rewiring America is launching in 2023 a new program called Rewiring Communities, intended to identify, engage and assist communities, including entire cities, to electrify their building stock. This means we will use the best available data to identify immediate opportunities for electrification at scale, with a specific focus on areas where the economic, environmental, and social benefits of the Inflation Reduction Act can be fully realized.
The fellow would assist in gathering and analyzing information to determine immediate opportunities, and assist the Rewiring Communities leaders in identifying, engaging, and articulating local electrification ecosystems. This includes potential interaction with local government officials, utility companies, community-based organizations, contractors, heat pump manufacturers, and financial institutions, all of whom will need to be engaged to make city-scale electrification a reality.
This would be a hybrid fellowship, where the fellow may need to spend time in the city of Pittsburgh, PA, and/or perhaps others, depending on the status of Rewiring Communities at the time of start. Rewiring America does not have permanent offices, so the interaction with the team would be remote in most cases.
How to apply:
- your resume
- a cover letter (no more than 2 pages) to include:
- your interest in this project
- any relevant background/experience
- why you believe this work is important
- share any important identity or identities you hold. Note that this is completely optional. Examples of identities that may be important to you might include (but are not limited to): gender, race, ethnicity, political affiliation, generation, education level, cultural identity, occupation, sexuality, family structure, housing status, mental health (health status/ability), incarceration status, institution affiliation, primary language, religion, immigration status, medical history, first-generation, income/ socio-economic class, quality of education, occupation, and/or parent's education.
Please submit the above directly to Rewiring America via firstname.lastname@example.org with “CBEY Planetary Solutions Internship Program in Clean Energy/Rewiring America” in the subject line. Please also copy email@example.com. Application deadline is 11:59 PM ET on March 27th.