The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global community of over 225 of the world’s leading businesses driving systems transformation for a better world in which 9+ billion people can live well, within planetary boundaries, by mid-century. Together, we transform the systems we work in to limit the impact of the climate crisis, restore nature, and tackle inequality.
The WBCSD accelerates value chain transformation across key sectors and reshapes the financial system to reward sustainable leadership and action through a lower cost of capital. Through the exchange of best practices, improving performance, accessing education, forming partnerships, and shaping the policy agenda, we drive progress in businesses and sharpen the accountability of their performance.
In 2015, CBEY became the first Knowledge Partner of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD), a global, CEO-led community of over 200 of the world’s leading sustainable businesses working collectively to accelerate the system transformations needed for a net zero, nature positive, and more equitable future.
This partnership provides WBCSD and its members with a unique opportunity to engage Yale's science and business knowledge, together with students’ passion and creativity, to help address the social and environmental challenges of climate change.
From this partnership, we are able to offer paid summer opportunities for students who want to learn more about the WBCSD and how they are working with their 200+ member companies to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world.
WBCSD is a purpose-driven, forward-thinking, and action-oriented organization, characterized by diversity of gender, nationalities, and work experiences. WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, Amsterdam, New York and Singapore (note that all internship opportunities will be remote)
- State-of-the-art facilities and Information Communication Technology (ICT) -enabled working tools
- Flex-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- Language: Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential, additional languages beneficial
Throughout the summer, the WBCSD will provide access to:
- brown bag lunches
- educational and interactive webinars on the various WBCSD working areas
CBEY and the WBCSD are delighted to be able to offer six (6) paid internship opportunities for students from Yale's graduate and professional schools as well as Ph.D. programs. Undergrads will also be considered.
The opportunities are below - click on each to read the descriptions.
- Climate Drive
- Equity Action
- Healthy and Sustainable Diets
- Partnership for Carbon Transparency
Compensation for each of these opportunities is $10,000.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED!
- Send a resume, and a 1 to 2 page cover letter (in PDF form) to Chiara Germani, Associate, Human Resources at WBCSD (firstname.lastname@example.org) and copy CBEY (email@example.com)
- If you are interested in multiple projects, please indicate each and write a few lines about why each project appeals to you.
- Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM ET on February 19th.
- February 23rd - March 4th - rolling interviews (given these are rolling, please get your materials in as soon as possible!)
- Decisions sent on or about March 11th
- Please submit early! We will be utilizing a rolling interview process.
If you have questions about the program, eligible Yale graduate students should contact career and professional development directors at YSE (firstname.lastname@example.org) / SOM (email@example.com), or contact CBEY (firstname.lastname@example.org).