Brendan has more than 20 years of experience working with global public and private companies to provide financial and non-financial advisory, reporting and assurance services.
He is a subject matter professional on corporate social responsibility metrics, reporting and assurance and led the first full sustainability assurance engagement in the US. Brendan brings extensive experience in implementing sustainability initiatives into internal balanced scorecards utilized to drive executive compensation. He also brings significant experience leading and coordinating several sustainability risk assessments, conflict minerals engagements and sustainable sourcing reviews, including working with some of the leading manufacturers on sustainable sourcing programs, values-led sourcing programs and numerous third-party certification schemes.
Brendan serves as EY’s representative on the:
• International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC) Working Group
• Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) Advisory Board, Education and Assurance Committees
• Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) - North America Organizational Stakeholder Group
• World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) Liaison Delegate
• His participation with these organizations provides the opportunity to help set the direction and provides our clients with leading-edge perspective on the direction of these global trends.
Prior to joining EY, he was the founder and CEO of LeBlanc & Associates, a niche CPA firm focused on corporate social responsibility reporting and assurance services and issued the first reasonable assurance opinion on a sustainability report in the US in 2008.
Brendan has a BA in Accounting from Gordon College and a graduate certificate in Sustainable Business from University of Vermont. He is a certified public accountant in Massachusetts and New Hampshire as well as a Certified Internal Auditor.