To educate and inspire interdisciplinary sustainability leaders through pioneering business solutions to systemic environmental problems.
By building an engaged community of people who possess both a common desire and an uncommon drive for improving the state of the world, we aspire to:
- CBEYond boundaries, disciplines and challenges and move toward sustainable solutions
- CBEYond current business models by catalyzing innovation and entrepreneurship
- CBEYond traditional financial markets by growing sustainable investment
- CBEYond the degree and into lifelong learning by building active learning communities and networks
- CBEYond traditional alumni engagement by creating meaningful opportunities for alumni to have more impact
At the Yale Center for Business and the Environment (CBEY), our approach is characterized by pragmatic optimism: we hold simultaneous ambitions for incremental and systemic change.
While we recognize that this takes time, we also recognize a profound urgency in the work that we do.
We are building world-class resources for our community of alumni, students, academics, corporate executives, governments and NGOs in four key areas:
-- New models for markets and finance
-- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
-- Technology-Enabled Learning