The tuition for the 2023/2024 academic year is $10,300.
- Tuition payment is due in two installments -one per semester- as noted below.
- There is no application fee or deposit. Should you be admitted to the program, reserving your seat requires paying the first tuition installment in full. Exceptions are made for participants that may require special payment plans due to federal regulations (AmeriCorps, or USAID for instance).
- Any scholarships awarded will be applied to the second tuition payment first.
A small number of merit-based scholarships will be available, covering up to 75% of the tuition costs. Scholarship funds are limited and competitively awarded. You will not be able to submit a scholarship application after you have submitted your program application.
The scholarship application can be found within the program application system which opens in January.
Additionally, the Three Cairns Climate Program for the Global South offers 100% tuition scholarship for limited number of qualified admitted certificate applicants. Three Cairns Fellows are from the Global South and demonstrate a commitment to tackling climate change in their home countries and/or throughout the Global South. In order to apply, in the program application system (which opens in January) you will indicate your interest in the Fellowship and complete the standard scholarship essay. No additional essay or documentation is needed.
You will be notified of any scholarship award at the time of your admissions decision. Please note because this is a non-degree bearing program, traditional financial aid is not available. However, we encourage you to apply for a scholarship and enquire with your employer whether training and professional development funds may be applied to finance this program. Here is a sample email for your employer to help get this discussion started.
- May 20, 2023, 11:59 p.m. EST – Due date for enrollment and Fall semester tuition payment ($5,300) – Note that there is no deposit for the program and reserving your seat, if admitted, requires payment of the Fall semester tuition before this deadline.
- July 9, 2023, 11:59 p.m. – Deadline to withdraw from the program with a full refund minus $500
- November 13, 2023, 11:59 p.m. EST – Due date for Spring semester tuition payment ($5,000)