In recent years, energy efficiency financing strategies have gained prominence in a number of leading jurisdictions. In some cases, loan volumes have grown to sizes that have attracted increased attention, while in others, policymakers have considered a shift toward financing and away from traditional program strategies as a potential means of minimizing program costs and achieving big-picture policy goals. These developments point toward the importance of understanding the impact and potential of energy efficiency financing strategies. In this webinar, we identify and explore many of the emerging regulatory and policy issues that policymakers will need to consider when contemplating an increased reliance on financing programs as a primary program strategy.
Please join us for a webinar on a recent report from the State and Local Energy Efficiency Action Network, Making It Count: Understanding the Value of Energy Efficiency Financing Programs Funded by Utility Customers.
The webinar will cover:
- Regulatory context for financing programs
- Adapting traditional energy efficiency regulatory planning, evaluation, and performance tools to the unique aspects of energy efficiency financing
- Approaches to estimating the potential of energy efficiency financing strategies
- Understanding cost-effectiveness in the context of energy efficiency financing
- Tools and concepts for evaluating the impact of energy efficiency financing programs from multiple perspectives (e.g. resource acquisition, market transformation)