Leave your mark!
We invite students across Yale to share new ideas for shaping our future research, programs, and events at our:
8th Annual Future Directions in Business and the Environment Pitch Competition (aka, The CBEY Pitch Competition)
This pitch competition gives students the chance to share their ideas for shaping our future research, programs, and events.
Previous winning pitches that have been implemented include:
- Blockchain for Supply Chain Workshop Series
- Pathways in CSR speaker series
- Environmental Solutions Accelerator
- Bright Lights, Green Sights speaker series featuring unconventional entrepreneurs
- Student writing arm of the Conservation Finance Network
- Corporate Water Risk and Strategy Workshop Series
- GreenLight ideation workshops
- F&ES 894a Green Building
Check out this video from past winners:
How It Works and Timeline
Develop Your Idea!
- Teams of 1-3 students should develop a concise, 5-minute pitch (PowerPoint-free)
- Teams should write-up a pitch description with pitch title, a one-paragraph summary of the idea, and team member names
Pitch Description Due – Monday, April 1st, 5:00 p.m.
- Send your pitch description to Heather Fitzgerald (email@example.com)
Pitch Competition & Social – Tuesday, April 2nd, 5:00 to 7: 00 p.m. in The Forum at Evans Hall (glass room just down the hall from the reception desk)
Plan to attend the entire Competition and Social
Give your 5-minute pitch (PowerPoint-free)
Listen to your classmates’ pitches
Vote on your favorites
Not pitching? Come and support the center and your fellow students by voting for your favorite ideas!
Winning teams selected – Wednesday, April 3rd
Refine Your Pitch – April 4th - 10th
Winning teams work with professional communication coach to refine the pitch
- Teams should plan to be available for coaching for at least two 45-minute sessions (Times TBD)
Present to CBEY Advisory Board – Thursday, April 11th (exact time TBD)
Winning teams present their ideas at the spring meeting of the CBEY Advisory Board to get feedback from business leaders and experts.
Please contact Heather Fitzgerald (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.