Upcoming Workshop Schedule
Friday, January 23 from 12:00 p.m - 1:30 p.m.
Evans Hall, Isaacson Classroom 4210
Accounting and Financial Modeling:
Friday, January 30 from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Sage Hall, Bowers Auditorium
Business Writing and Presentations:
Friday, February 20 from 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Sage Hall, Classroom 24
Awarded each spring, the Sabin Prize supports innovative student and faculty ideas for a for-profit business that advances a more sustainable way of life. Past winners include an online social platform to expand the adoption of solar power and a software package for improving forest inventory data.
The competition provides participants with constructive feedback from experienced judges, opportunities to collaborate with faculty experts, and dedicated time to discuss ideas and strategy with top venture capitalists and leading industry professionals. Sabin winners also receive cash prizes totaling $25,000.
The program was created in 2008 with the generous support of the Andrew Sabin Family Foundation. It is managed by the Yale Center for Business and the Environment and seeks to:
- Stimulate applications of entrepreneurship and innovation to address issues of sustainability;
- Promote multi-disciplinary approaches to environmental/social problem solving;
- Generate ideas that are scalable, achievable, quantifiable, and financeable; and
- Educate about how entrepreneurs turn a concept into a successful reality.
Applications can be found on the "Get Involved" tab.
People & Partners
President, Andrew Sabin Family Foundation
PhD Candidate in Microelectronics
Managing Director, Clean Energy Venture Group (MPPM '84)
Master of Environmental Management 2015
Master of Environmental Management 2016
MBA/Master of Environmental Management 2015
- Innovations in Water Technology
- Unlocking the energy efficiency market: How better financing, smart technology, and aggressive entrepreneurship can make it happen
- Lunch Workshop with Founder of The Ground_Up Project
- Start Something: Lean Startup Methodology Workshop
- Sabin Sustainable Venture Prize Workshop #1: Market Research
- Sabin Sustainable Venture Prize Workshop #2: Accounting and Financial Modeling
- Sabin Sustainable Venture Prize Workshop #3: Business Writing and Presentations
- Roundtable Discussion with Entrepreneur Austin Holsinger
- Sabin Speaker Series: Will Bradshaw, Co-Founder and CEO, Green Coast Enterprises
Sabin Sustainable Venture Prize:
Optional Mentorship Deadline: Friday, February 6 at 11:59 p.m. EST
To be matched with a mentor, please submit this application prior to the deadline.
Sabin Prize Application Deadline: Wednesday, March 25 at 11:59 p.m. EST
Mandatory application for consideration for the 2015 Sabin Prize.
Sabin Prize Competition: Friday, April 17
Market Research Workshop:
Accounting and Financial Modeling Workshop Resources: